MY PROFILE> FACEBOOK> MYSPACE>

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Dead Flowers

I can't stop listening to the Rolling Stone's song "Dead Flowers" from Sticky Fingers. I just felt the need to share that.

I was listening to Nick Drake the other night. It was a cool night for some reason (espcially for Alabama in September). I was tired and my head was resting against the window of my car. I just turned up his music up as loud as I could and just sat and listened.

There's something strange about listening to a dead man's song sung by the dead man's voice. It makes you feel strangely connected to the past in a way no other artistic medium can. He sat in his room and wrote these lyrics.

Decades later, I'm sitting in my car listening to them. Those same words, chords, melodies.

It was pretty powerful.

3 comments:

Blogger annie are you okay said...

well, finally...i haven't read it yet....but i will....but i'm just excited that you posted something!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Misty said...

Your face is pretty powerful.

3:38 PM  
Blogger jMoney said...

my face is powefully sunburned from the game yesterday...

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home