MY PROFILE> FACEBOOK> MYSPACE>

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Title? I don't need no stinking title...

I've been thinking - dangerous always I know - lately. I was thinking about a class my old roommate Michael talked me into taking. It was interpersonal communication or some crap like that.

Anyway, one day our professor told us about the five (I think it was five) stages of relationships. Basically, there's the meeting, the relationship escalates, plateaus, then eventually ends. At first I thought this was not true at all, but lately I've begun to think of all the friends who have fallen out of my life. Needless to say there's been quite a lot.

Sometimes it's necessary, sometimes not.

What is bothersome is when a friendship has died, but the person keeps reappearing. They keep reappearing because of mutual friends. This results in pressure to keep the friendship going. After all, aren't all those previous years worth it?

Not always. People change. Someone you were so closed to isn't the same person. Can't you keep your good memories and just let the friendship take its course to the grave?

Like a TV show. You can either go out on top (Seinfield, Cheers, Mash, Mary Tyler Moore) and be remembered as a classic or drag it out to painful ends (hello, Friends!)

It's late and I have no idea why I'm posting this. Just needed to think things through, I suppose.

1 comments:

Blogger annie are you okay said...

hey dude...you're missing a stage...i'm telling dr. nelson!

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home