MY PROFILE> FACEBOOK> MYSPACE>

Monday, April 10, 2006

Old Times

I was thinking today about years and years ago when I lived on the strip. I was roommates with Matt, and Brooke and Collette lived upstairs in apt. 8. It seems like so long ago, it's hard to believe it was just 5 years ago. I really miss those times.

I mean, clearly, I wouldn't have wanted to stay there forever. I've done a lot since then that's been really fun and met some of my best friends since then. (Plus, I can't imagine life before Lost and Arrested Development)

I just want some way to go back and visit every once in a while. Just step back into the past and be 19 again. Having Brooke and Collette fiercely protecting me, while Matt annoys the crap out of me on purpose.

So I propose someone invent this. Either something where you can hook it up to your brain a la Matrix and it's just like you're there, or someone needs to finally figure out this time travel thing. Or maybe if we could just track down those ghosts from A Christmas Carol. That way we could go back and visit without interfering with anything. (Plus, past.me might be freaked out if present.me showed up. I know the last time future.me dropped in, I couldn't sleep for days.)

Isn't it odd how so many things reference the desire to go and forward in time. I guess humanity is frustrated that time is a line and there's nothing we can do about it. No matter how much I want to relive things and bring back the people who were closest to me at the time, I can't.

This is turning about to be much more depressing than I meant. I'm glad I got to live there for a couple years, even if it wasn't quite long enough. After all, it's better to have loved and lost and all that jazz...

3 comments:

Blogger Carla Jean said...

:sigh: I feel ya! I just blogged about this the other day ... sort of ... not exactly. But sort of.

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duuude, I totally feel you here! I was coming on here to tell you that I miss you and now I miss you even more! Do you know that I have called Coco like 3 times in the last month and she has YET to call me back? She could NEVER have gotten away with that if we still shared a bedroom wall.

I had totally forgotten how protective Coco and I were/are of you (and Matt...a little). We were so lucky to have that for a little while. I would so go back if I could...times were so much simpler then. But we get older and life moves on...I say screw that...I think we should figure out a way to be neighbors forEVER!
~Brooke

7:40 AM  
Blogger jMoney said...

you should quit your job and move back here. When i get in an apt i'll be the worst neighbor ever and drive away the people upstairs, leaving it open for you! this plan is foolproof!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home