MY PROFILE> FACEBOOK> MYSPACE>

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Finished the Interview with Todd...



So I just finished the interview with Todd Snider. It's kinda crazy, because after all that worrying about what to ask and what not to ask, I just followed Ben's advice and had a conversation with him.

He told me about his new album, Devil You Know, due out this August. We talked about Dylan, hamburgers, Patty Griffin, Tuscaloosa, radio, Hootie and the Blow Fish, Gram Parsons, whether or not he's old and Will Kimbrough (as Todd refers to him, "the brain behind all my bullshit"). He was really easy to talk to, very relaxed. The more he got comfortable, the more he started swearing. I'm going to have to do quite a bit of editing for the paper. I'm not quite sure which words we're allowed to use.

He also told me to look for his stage hand, so I can say hello to him at the show. This is the coolest feeling in the world. Not only am I on the list, but I get to meet Todd. Very few understand how exciting this is.

I mean, if I were telling people I get to meet Bono, everyone would be excited. But I'd rather meet Todd than Bono, so for me, this is a much bigger deal. He also gave me an artist to check out: Willis Alan Ramsey. I'll let you know how that goes.

Fun facts:

Todd likes to listen to rap, though he promises he will be dropping no beats.

His first job was working in construction.

We have both been listening to Dylan's "Nashville Skyline" a lot lately.

1 comments:

Blogger Misty said...

Hey, JM, glad to hear that it went well! I knew you could do it. :) Hey, Lost tonight ... I have a softball game from 9-10. Are you guys watching at Abbie's later?

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home