MY PROFILE> FACEBOOK> MYSPACE>

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Best. Thursday. Ever.



So this past Thursday, I finally got to see Patty Griffin live for a full concert (not like the half hour I got at the Grand Ole Opry!). After years of trying in vain to see my favorite artist in the world, I succeeded, and only one week after I saw Todd Snider. What a freaking 8 days! It was a long journey though...

Originally I had no one to go with me. However, facebook solved that problem as my new friend Suzanne messaged me asking me if I was going. (This was before she was my new friend Suzanne and just random girl on facebook named Suzanne... girl named Suzanne, not facebook named Suzanne. Wow. That was unnecessary.)

So I drove down to Starkeville (not Starkesville as Patty learned) Thursday night on that most celebrated of all holidays, 4/20. (I got quite a bit of raggin' for requesting it off.) Starkeville, as I learned, doesn't have too much going on. Anyway, we find our way over to Rick's Cafe for the show. That's when we hit a snag: Suzanne had the good 15 dollar floor seat, and I had a crappy find yourself a table around the outskirts of the bar seat. So I looked over at all the groups sitting around at the tables and picked my mark.

A table had three guys (two looked my age. one younger) and a girl. They were talking, but not too much. So I explained the situation and asked to sit with them. They agreed.

Now for the crazy part: The one guy who looked younger, Trey, was only 15 and knew someone I knew from Dothan. So here's a fun sentence that is now true: I went to a bar in Starkeville and met a 15 year old guy who knows people I know from Dothan, though he's never been.

Meanwhile, Suzanne may be second row center, but she's sitting with a guy she accurately describes as "creepy."

Anyway, so Micah, Dave, Casey and Trey ended up being super cool people, and Patty put on an amazing show. She did a lot of new stuff that will be on her next record, and I don't know how long that will be. I may not make it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home