MY PROFILE> FACEBOOK> MYSPACE>

Monday, March 06, 2006

Quick Note

Today I got to hear Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer speak, and it only furthered strengthened my belief that everything wrong in the country lies with Bill O'Reilly. Or at least his kind in the media. All these biased political commentators (both left and right. I'm looking at you Al Fraken and Ann Coulter.) villify the "opposing side" and make only give people soundbites as evidence.

I really respect "liberal" justice Breyer after today. I agreed with most of what he said, but not all. But even where I disagreed, I could see his side. Isn't that what the democratic process is supposed to be like?

If the news media would show full speeches (not soundbites without context), do real research and allow and force political leaders to explain themselves, this would be a much more well adjusted country.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home