MY PROFILE> FACEBOOK> MYSPACE>

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

If I meet Nicole Kidman, I'll Throw Up

Quick thought before I'm off to Chris' to watch "Lost" (Ahh, Claire... how I love thee...)

I always thought I'd be cool if I met a celebrity. I would just talk to them like they're a normal person and move on. However, based on an incident earlier today, I'm no longer willing to make that statement.

As I'm an English major, I meet very few athletes. For some reason, not many offensive lineman like to sit in a semi-cirle and analyze Tennessee Williams. (I suppose there are exceptions to every rule, however.)

In the Ferg today, I saw a very tall guy walking towards us. He sat behind me and I realized who it was. Jermario Davidson (For those not familiar with the University, he's on the basketball team.)

First off, I couldn't think about anything else. My friend Kelly mocked me ("ohmygod, josh, he just took the pickles off his chicken sandwhich. ohmigodohmigodican'tbelieveit!") as she should have.

When it came time for me to leave, I introduced myself and studdered and stumbled over my words quite a bit. I'm not really sure exactly what I said, however, I do remember actually uttering the phrase "I'm a little awe of you, so I'm gonna go."

That was just a college athlete. If I ever meet a real celebrity, I'll throw up or pass out or spontaneously combust!

4 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josh... what did he do when you said you were in awe of him?

3:07 PM  
Blogger jMoney said...

he just kinda laughed at me...

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're famous.

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i prefer to just stare...i stare--i stared my way into Lou Diamond Philips heart...i stared my way into Martin Sheen's heart...

and martin even said, "hey, i'm martin"--we're SO Bff!

i stared at Marvin Orange for a while, and then he eventually started talking to me (he used to play basketball)

a lot of basketball players take political science classes...or at least they used to!

I did not stare at Tyler Watts...or maybe i did, i don't remember, i probably did, but he just didn't see me because HE ALWAYS SLEPT THROUGH CLASS!

man...some people!

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home