MY PROFILE> FACEBOOK> MYSPACE>

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Project

I can talk for days, which my friend Chase unfortunately found out last night. One question about a musician or song, and I won't shut up. To be honest, I don't want to talk about it as long or as strongly as I do. My brain is saying "shut up, you sound stupid. You sound stuck up. You're a jerk! God, what are you saying?! Stop it," but my mouth just keeps going, as though it has its own independent mind. (A mind with a lot of strong opinions)

So if you want to make my day, ask me to make you a mixed tape (or more accurately a mixed CD, but that just doesn't have the same ring to it.) So my project for the next couple of days (you know, besides working and studying for that midterm on thursday) is to make 2, count 'em 2, CD's for Chase. This is what I live for. I really think there should be a job just making CD's.

The first will be classic, influential kinds of artists. Right now, I'm thinking Dylan, Elvis Costello, Gram Parsons, Emmylou Harris, Joni Mitchell and Al Green. The second will be more recent artists, including Patty Griffin, Josh Rouse, Bright Eyes and possibly Ben Kweller or someone like that.

Seriously, why isn't this a job?

4 comments:

Blogger Carla Jean said...

ooh ooh ooh! make me a CD!

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES!!!! You did it...finally i can make comments!

So, here are my comments...i want a cd, and i want this new stuff that everyone's listening to these days...specifically, some of those people that are going to be at that music festival that starts with a "b" and sort of rhymes with kangaroo, but see, i don't know how to spell it, so i won't embarrass myself here (even though, count them, there could be other spelling mistakes in here...although, i'm also "counting"--haha get it--on you not being a math major!)

so, yeah, death cab, clap your hands, that sort of stuff...that's what i want!

and 2nd...i need 16 more friends...they have to be in college or able to get a college email address...i need them now!!!! i mean, i thought i was going to be content when i got to 100 friends...then, i thought, 200 would be enough, 300 still isn't enough...but i've ALMOST got 400 friends...help me...make up some more new people that you can say that you know so that i can be friends with them!

oh you know who this is...i'm known for my anonymity! (wink wink?)

10:49 AM  
Blogger kathrynthomas said...

hmm. i like cds. you like good music. hmm. ;) hope you're having a good day, friend? how's the new hair?

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, do you remember when you used to be obsessed with movies? And you would celebrate Gregory Peck's birthday or the day he died or something like that? Oh...that was vintage Josh. :) It used to be movies and now it's music. That just occurred to me in reading your blog. I think you have some weird type of OCD but it's just like Obsessive Disorder. :)

Heart you bunches!!! - Brooker the Hooker

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home