MY PROFILE> FACEBOOK> MYSPACE>

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Recent Purchases (with rankings!)

1) Gram Parsons "GP" and "Greivous Angel" cd's - * * * * *

These albums are simply amazing. "Return of the Grievous Angel" has quickly become the most played song on my iPod (beating out such heavy hitters in the jMoney-rotation as Death Cab, Patty Griffin, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and Todd Snider) This is seriously my best music related purchase in a very long time, possibly years!

2) Lost: Season 1 * * * *

Best show on TV not called "Arrested Development" - I know I'm jumping on the bandwagon pretty late, but i'm pretty skinny so there's room for me. I love this show, and I will marry the actress who plays Claire (sorry Nickel Creek's Sarah... I've moved on, so you can drop that restraining order!)

3) McAllister's brocolli and cheese soup * * * 1/2

I've never tried until just a few weeks ago, and now it is my cocaine.

4) Paste magazine (Issue #19) * * *

This issue isn't quite living up to the last two, however, I am now obsessed with soul singer Bettye LaVette. (also, Dreamland Bar-b-que of T-town gets a nod in an article about the country's best bar-b-que. Roll Tide!)

5) Ticket to Walk the Line * * * * *

Best movie of the year! Of course, this year, that's like the "Smartest Cheerleader" award.. or "Sexiest Writer" or "Most Honest Politician"...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home