MY PROFILE> FACEBOOK> MYSPACE>

Thursday, December 15, 2005

I Am So Great!

Time for me to congratulate me.

I sometimes forget about that... ok, so not really. I'm pretty self absorbed.

This year. I read 21 books (at least - there's still a couple more weeks!)

I feel like, that's a pretty good number. I don't know what the national average is, but I have to be above it. Right? RIGHT?

Anyway, Here are the highlights:

1) Assination Vacation by Sarah Vowell - really funny and I certainly learned a lot about presidential assinations and sex cults...

2) Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris - i met him! he thought my hair was cool!

3) Fast Food Nation - read with caution...

4) White Teeth by Zadie Smith - great novel, but skip her follow up The Autograph Man. To be honest, I never finished it.

5) The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning - all about God's grace. Incredible read.

Honorable mentions:

The Partly Cloudy Patriot by Sarah Vowell

Shopgirl by Steve Martin (yes, that Steve Martin)

Big Fish by Daniel Wallace

Sex Drugs and Coco Puffs by Chuck Klosterman (little uneven, but mostly fun)

2 comments:

Blogger Carla Jean said...

whatever. so far this year I've read 66 books. And that's not counting the first two weeks of January, when I didn't write any down.

8:23 PM  
Blogger kathrynthomas said...

do you own sex, drugs, and cocoa puffs? i'd love to borrow it, if you're willing...

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home